A downloadable game for Windows
Dust off your favorite rhythm game peripheral, and plug it into your PC! Now you can record songs, or play along to your favorite music with DrumBrain!
- Supports USB Rockband and Guitar Hero instruments
- Must be recognized by Windows as a Game Controller
- XBOX 360 and PS3 only (Wii and PS4 not supported)
- Velocity sensitivity*
- Training modules
- Multiple drum kits
- Record songs with the tracker interface
- Export your recordings to WAV
- Practice drums without spending a fortune on eDrums
* Velocity sensitivity available only on Rockband 2 (and up) drums. Currently not compatible with Windows 10.
VERSION 0.73 UPDATE
- MP3 playback bug fixed
- Windows Vista, or better (Windows 7 or later recommended)
- OpenGL 2.0 capable video card with latest drivers (update recommended)
- Dual core CPU recommended
- Rockband drum kit
DISCLAIMER: By downloading DrumBrain, you agree that Andrew Rudson takes no responsibility for any damages caused by the software itself, either due to misuse, user error, installing third party software, third party hardware, or any other unforeseen consequence of using DrumBrain. Use at your own risk.
- Which devices are known to work with DrumBrain?
|- Rockband 1 wired drumset|
- Rockband 2 wireless drumset
- Rockband 3 wireless drumset
- Rockband cymbals extension
- Guitar Hero World Tour drumset
- ION DrumBrocker
- Mad Catz portable Rockband drums
- XBOX 360 and One gamepads
- Various Rockband and Guitar Hero guitars
Rockband 4, and PS4 drumkits NOT currently supported. But if you can get it to work with Windows, and recognised as a Game Controller, then DrumBrain will use it.
- Will you help me connect a device?
|No, sorry. I cannot provide support for anything besides the software itself. Before you purchase DrumBrain, you have a device that is working, and recognized as a Game Controller (click here for details)|
- Will it work with [hardware/controller]?
|If it's not listed above, it's not guaranteed to work. Before you purchase, make sure it connects to your PC and is recognized as a Game Controller (click here for details).|
- Will PS3 controllers work?
|PS3 controllers may require additional 3rd party software
(install at your own risk). I do not offer support for getting
controllers setup on your computer. Please ensure it works before purchasing.|
- I get an error message "The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCR110.dll was not found..." when I run DrumBrain.exe
|The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable installer (vc_redist_x86.exe comes in the DrumBrain zip file), is required to install before attempting to run DrumBrain.|
- I get an error message "OpenGL functions unsupported..." when I run DrumBrain.exe. What does this mean?
|Update your video card drivers. If you've never done it, here's how.|
Why do you need to do this? OpenGL drivers used to be provided with windows, but no longer. You must acquire them by updating your graphics adapter drivers. DrumBrain will work after you've done this, and you will also benefit from having up-to-date drivers.
- When I hit a pad, there's an audible delay/latency. Can I do anything to improve this?
|Maybe. Ensure you are using a WASAPI audio device. Go into Settings -> Audio, and test the devices under WASAPI tab. Use one that works.|
If you're already using a WASAPI device, then your PC may be outdated. DrumBrain doesn't look it, but it's a high performance real time audio application, and benefits greatly from a fast computer.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $4.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: